Quilting Terminology – Selvedge Edge


Hi, it’s Jenny from the Missouri Star Quilt Company. Have you ever wondered what the selvedge edge is? Sometimes I say salvage but it really is selvedge with an e.

Well, the selvedge edge is this outer edge of your fabric and it sometimes has information printed on it about the fabric itself. So if your pattern ever mentions the selvedge, now you know!

posted: Quilting Materials and Terminology, Tips and Tricks | tagged: ,
Have you used this tutorial to make something cool!?
Send it in to us and share it with the world!
  • Heather

    Hi there…LOVE your tutorials. Can you tell me the name of the pattern for the quilt hanging behind you in this video?…and is it available on your website or do you have a video tutorial for it?

  • N

    I too love this quilt and would like the pattern! And tutorial,

  • Gi gi

    What is this quilt behind you called